Thursday, July 23, 2015

INTERVIEW: Heather C. Leigh #mmromance



Hello Heather and welcome to The Hat Party <3 Thank you so much for subjecting yourself to the RANDOMNESS that is a Raine O'Tierney interview! Please don your best hat, and let's get started!



What important thing would you give up in order to continue writing? Chocolate?

No, never that. If I didn’t have chocolate… let’s just say I can’t go there. *shudder* I would give up some time with friends, which says a lot because I love my friends. Oh, and fruity rum drinks. I really love fruity rum drinks.

What is your favorite literary quote?

Honestly, I used to have a few, but as I really came to know who I was as a writer, I realized they were all just pretentious crap. My favorite changes as I read and continue to be inspired by authors. My favorite for the last year or so has been by Alexis Hall, from Glitterland. “I would have told a thousand lies to have him, and a thousand more to keep him”—Ash.

Describe your perfect lazy day.

Ah, my fantasy come true. I would have to be somewhere tropical. It’s not a perfect lazy day without fancy fruity rum drinks with little umbrellas and a beautiful view. After sleeping very late, which in my world is any time after 8am, I would tumble out of bed, slather on sunscreen, and lie in a shaded lounge chair on the beach all day with my Kindle, my drink, and my favorite fictional friends.

You have 200 words—Make. Me. Swoon. (PLEASE!) 

How about 300?? Lol I hope sexy is what you had in mind ;)

***
Mitch groans long and loud and it’s the sexiest fucking thing I’ve ever heard. My cock twitches and I shudder from the restraint required to keep from coming. I have to turn my head to the side to tear my mouth away from Mitch’s. Even then he still doesn’t stop, happy to continue licking and biting my ear and neck while doing that sinful hip thrust. My balls tighten as I teeter on the edge.
“Fuck! Mitch, stop.”
His hot tongue slides along a tendon down my neck, followed by quick, sharp nips of his teeth.
Holy mother of god.
“Mitch,” I hiss through clenched teeth.
“What?”
His voice is the rough, deep timbre of a man caught up in a haze of sexual pleasure. Jesus, this is more difficult than I thought. Every cell in my body is screaming for release and I’m trying to stop it from happening. I let my arms drop back to my sides, immediately mourning the loss of having that perfect ass cupped in my hands.
I catch my breath and focus so I don’t lose my train of thought. “Why are you doing this?” My eyes are riveted to his mouth as his tongue peeks out and swipes across his lower lip.
Focus lost.
“Doing what?” Mitch slides his hips a fraction and groans, his eyelids flickering shut.
“Mitch!” Bracing my hands against his chest—and oh god, what a chest it is—I push Mitch off of me, dumping him on the floor.
“What the hell, Gavin?”
Mitch scrambles to his feet as do I. We’re right back to square one, staring at each other, both trying to be as intimidating as possible. Only this time, that sexy fucker is all rumpled and swollen lipped and I have a very obvious hard-on jutting out from my thin grey sweatpants.
Mitch’s head drops. His large hand rubs the nape of his neck. The tension across his shoulders is noticeable from several feet away. The man is so confused.
And you still want him, Walker. Admit it. You’ll gladly do him even if you are an experiment.
Fuck if that doesn’t make my dick even harder. Which, in turn, makes me angrier. Furious at being used, I’m determined to make him talk. Crossing the room in three large steps, I get right in his face, plant my hands across that damn perfect chest, and shove.
***

If someone challenged you to a water-gun fight *to the death* how would you fare?

I don’t fight fair, so I’m sure I’d win. It would be expected that there would be a certain amount of shots to the eye, just so you know.

Do you know any cool party tricks and are you brave enough to do them at parties?

I can fold a cloth napkin into an impressive looking penis. Does that count?

Give us 5 ½ words of wisdom.

The secret of life is th—

What is the hardest part of writing?

Remembering to stay true to your character. It’s silly sounding, but you really have to ‘be’ the person, live their life, think like them, speak like them, react like they would… otherwise, it’s just your words on a page and they have no meaning.

Do you dance in the rain?

Only if there’s a hot guy in a wet t-shirt to dance with.

And finally, what kinds of dachshunds are the best kinds of dachshunds?

The short hair kind that’s an overall dark brown with lighter brown eyebrows and feet. Is that too specific?



All Gavin Walker, bass player for the multi-platinum selling band, Sphere of Irony, wants to do is surf, play music, and occasionally get laid. The problem is that Gavin has a stalker. A potentially deadly one. The threats he receives always mention something ugly about Gavin being gay, which isn't public knowledge since the record label wants to keep it quiet.

Mitch Hale used to track serial killers for the FBI. A live-changing incident led him to quit the bureau and start his own company providing computerized security for Los Angeles' wealthiest residents. Mitch doesn't know anyone when he moves across the country from D.C. to California, and all he has for companionship is a pathetic string of failed half-relationships with women.

When Gavin's manager hires Mitch to find the stalker, the men instantly hate each other. Despite the constant fighting, attraction between the two blazes hot, confusing the former FBI agent. Spending time with Gavin forces Mitch reflect on what he's denied about himself for the last ten years. Going along with Mitch's plan to catch a madman thrusts Gavin's personal life out in the open for the entire world to see.

Can Gavin and Mitch stop fighting long enough to stop a stalker before someone gets hurt? Or will they stubbornly resist the feelings that develop when they're forced to work together?

Excerpt:

Weaving through the crowd at the club, I follow Gavin to the back hallway that houses the kitchen and bathrooms. Once I’m out of sight of the other guests, I grab a shocked Gavin’s upper arm and shove him into the men’s room.
“Hey! Quit being an asshole!” Gavin wrenches out of my grip, turning to sneer. “I’ll put you on your knees again, Hale!”
The thought of being on my knees in front of Gavin sends a flush of heat up my body. I can feel the fire in my cheeks and by the way Gavin’s eyes widen, I’m betting he can see it too.
“I’m not the one behaving like a brat!” I growl in a low voice. Ducking, I check to make sure no one else is in the stalls. Once I’ve made sure it’s clear, I lock the bathroom door.
“Brat?” Gavin shouts. “I’m a brat?”
“Yes, you’re a brat. Ever since we had our picture taken outside, you’ve been unbearable to be around!”
“You’re not the one whose entire life was just turned upside down out there!” he yells.
I step closer, more furious than I’ve ever been. “Are you kidding me? You are so unbelievably self-centered!” Those damn hypnotizing full lips fall open in shock. “I was just outed too, and I’m not even fucking gay!”
Without thinking, I grab either side of his head, digging my fingers into that thick, blonde hair, and crush my mouth over his.
And it’s the hottest kiss of my life.
Just, damn.


When Mitch presses his mouth over mine, my body explodes with sensation. Raw, urgent need spills over, flooding my system. His huge hands frame my face and he crowds me back against the nearest wall. He’s large, dominating, and hot as hell.
I have no idea what’s gotten into Mitch, but I’m not going to tell him to stop. The length of his body presses into mine, searing and hot and…hard?
Fuck. He’s into this.
It doesn’t matter why he’s doing it. Just the fact that his velvety tongue is in my mouth is good enough for me. I snake my arms around his waist and grip his tight ass, forcing our hard cocks to rub against each other. The resulting moan Mitch makes into my mouth almost has me coming in my pants.
He tastes unbelievable and being so close gives me a concentrated dose of his scent, masculine and strong.
Much too sudden, it ends. Mitch rips his delicious mouth away, stepping back. His chest is heaving, expanding and contracting under that damn too-tight shirt that shows every single ridge of muscle.
Mitch wipes his swollen mouth with the back of his hand, staring at it as if he’s in shock. His eyes flick back to mine as I remain unmoving against the wall. Mitch’s hormone flushed face blooms into a dark red and… yep, there goes that eye twitch.
“I-I…” He turns away and I see his hands clench at his sides.
“Mitch—”
Inhaling deeply, Mitch spins around and my words die in my throat. His eyes appear dark and conflicted—and they won’t meet mine.
“I have to get back out there, to ummmm, look around and… just… I’ll be in the club.”
Before I can say another word, he’s gone.
Holy shit.
After a few minutes of stunned immobility, I move in front of the sinks to wash my hands. It’s near impossible to ignore the fact that they’re trembling. As I dry them off, I look up at the mirror. My cheeks are flushed and my lips are red from Mitch’s vicious, forceful kiss.
Unable to help myself, I smile and run a finger over my abused mouth.
Straight, sexy, FBI man isn’t so straight after all.
Things just got interesting.

Available for pre-order from Amazon




BONUS QUESTIONS:
*What inspired you to write Resist?

When I began my rockstar series, I had already planned to have a gay band member. As I wrote the first two books about the other band members, Gavin’s story kept forming in the back of my mind. Who was he? How did he become who he is? And most important, what type of man could enter his life and strip off his armor to see the pain and raw emotion beneath? I realized his other half would have to be tough on the outside yet vulnerable. Someone who needed Gavin to be the strong one in the relationship, something Gavin had never experienced before.

*Is there anything special you’d like us to know about it? 

Have you seen Point Break? The old one with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze? If not, I highly recommend at least reading the IMDB synopsis before reading Resist. Seriously though, be prepared for both men’s backstories. They hide their scars well, but eventually, the layers peel back and the truth is exposed.
*What are your hopes for this title? 

I sincerely hope I do justice to the m/m genre. That would be the best compliment, if it can stand amongst my favorite authors and hold it’s own.


About the Author

Heather C. Leigh is the author of the Amazon best selling Famous Series.

She grew up in New England and currently lives just outside of Atlanta, GA. 

She's a professional procrastinator and part-time everything else. Her favorite things are chocolate (but not the white kind because that’s not real chocolate), squishy faced dogs, and as always, the Boston Red Sox.

Heather hears voices all the time, but don’t worry. She simply writes down what they have to say and they actually pay her for it.

Connect with Heather
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/heathercleighauthor ß warning, don’t click unless you like loads of lovely men kissing men!



1 comment:

  1. Xoxo πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

    Thanks Raine

    ReplyDelete