Thursday, December 11, 2014

INTERVIEW: Chris McHart #Grenzen #BDSM

Hello Chris and welcome to The Hat Party <3 Thank you so much for subjecting yourself to the RANDOMNESS that is a Raine O'Tierney interview! Please don your best hat, and let's get started!


 Thanks for having me here today!

What is your super-secret, wildest, most outlandish writing dream? (Nothing is too wild!)

To write not only a story I love, but one that makes homophobic people see there’s nothing wrong with being gay. Since its pretty much outlandish to think a story about gay men could change a homophobe, that might qualify for the question.

Give us 5 ½ words of wisdom.

Where’s the fu**ing alcohol, boys?

Tell us about a time you were changed.

Well, that must've been the time I decided to date a weretiger. Other than that, I'm changing every day, trying to be a better me.

You’re writing along and you’re attacked by a horde of zombies…ON FIRE…how do you survive? Or do you become a zombie too?

Oh, I become a zombie, too! That's the fun of writing to become something  other than you are in real life!

But I might extinguish the fire. That's probably not so much fun.

You have 200 words—Make. Me. Swoon. (PLEASE!)

From my newest release, Grenzen

My fingers itched to touch him, but the grip he had on my wrists prevented that.
“Come on, let’s move this to the bedroom.”
He released me, then got up. It took me a moment to pull myself together enough to go with him. I stood, my hard-on pressing uncomfortably against my zipper. Julian drew me in his arms, kissing me again. He walked me backwards, guiding me to what I assumed was his bedroom. Not that I cared right now, just as long as we got back together, lying down, this time without clothes between us.
Julian let go of me with a last kiss. “Strip. Everything.”
I opened my eyes and stared at him. Everything? Just like that?
“Don’t be shy. I want to see you.”
I pulled my sweatshirt over my head. My T-shirt was next. I looked at Julian, who nodded towards a chair. I dumped the items over it, then went for my belt buckle. My stomach fluttered. I wanted this, I really did, but—to just bare myself to his eyes? I wasn’t as muscled as him, not as fit. While I was relatively slim, I had a soft, somewhat chubby belly. No muscles defined my arms, chest, abs. And to strip with him watching me so intently—that didn’t sit so well with me. Especially since Julian made no move to remove any of his clothes.

Describe yourself using lyrics.

“Baby I was born this way!”
“I'm on the highway to hell”
“Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know”

You can go back to any point in your life to give you past self a pep-talk. How old is your past self and what do you say?

My former self is in its late teens and I would tell it to be stronger. To think very, very hard about what we want and what we could do to achieve that. I would tell my former self that it had to man up and stand for our dreams.

Your thoughts on libraries: GO!

A beautiful, although often neglected place to read, study, have some quiet time. Ebooks are a wonderful, awesome invention that prevent me from having way too much bookshelves at home, but I also love a printed book. There's a certain feeling that comes with reading a printed book, especially an old one.

What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made in your career and what did you learn from it?

My writing career is just at the beginning, so you might have to ask that question a few years down the road again.

And finally, for THE most important question of all: what kinds of dachshunds are the BEST kinds of dachshunds?

I would say all dachshunds are awesome, but I really love longhaired ones.

~ ~ ~

Grenzen by Chris McHart
Publisher: MLR-Press
Length: 24000 words
Genre: Contemporary, BDSM, Holiday, Outside US

Blurb:


But Julian isn’t an average guy, he’s a Dom. And he wants Ryan to be his sub.

That’s something Ryan has dreamt of, but never admitted to anyone, not even himself. With Julian it suddenly becomes possible.

But what happens once Ryan has to go home, especially since he’s developing feelings for Julian?

There isn’t a future for a relationship if you’re half a world apart…


BONUS QUESTIONS:
What inspired you to write Grenzen?
I visited a Christmas Market (I'm pretty much addicted to all kinds of Christmas Markets) and watched an English speaking guy trying to order food. BAM, there was the 'What if the guys would be attracted to each other?’ Question.
There where the characters, and they had a story I couldn't write fast enough. Julian turned out being a Dom, and Ryan was discovering his submissive side before I even knew it.
Is there anything special you’d like us to know about your book?
It’s a sweet love story a out standing up for yourself and that you sometimes have to make big decisions to be with the person you love. I won't give more away because that would be spoiling the fun of reading it.
What are your hopes for this title?
I hope my readers love reading about Ryan and Julian as much as I loved writing about them.
And, since I'll donate a part of my royalties from December's sales to Lost-n-Found Youth in Atlanta, GA, I hope that a lot of readers pick up Grenzen and help homeless GLBT Youth.

Author Bio

Whenever Chris has a free minute, it’s spent writing on a laptop, a cup of coffee in hand, deeply lost in the world Chris’s muses have created.
When coming up for some air, you’ll find Chris on a lot of social networks. Check out Chris’s website to see where you can find out more. Chris looks forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to read this book It sounds interesting. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete