Sunday, July 13, 2014

INTERVIEW: Kazy Reed

Today we're talking to Kazy Reed--an awesome writer who participates in the Wednesday Briefs group. Today she brings us her International Spy Museum Hat! (She feels it really fits her personality.) 

Hello Kazy and welcome to The Hat Party <3 Thank you so much for subjecting yourself to the RANDOMNESS that is a Raine O'Tierney interview! Please don your best hat, and let's get started!



What important thing would you give up in order to continue writing?

Hmm. I guess I would give up my TV mysteries. I can't get enough of them. Inspector Morse was the first, but my current favorite is Sherlock. I would give up Sherlock for my writing.

What is your super-secret, wildest, most outlandish writing dream?

To finish my vampire saga, publish it to great acclaim, and have it made into a movie using a cast of all the models I used as inspiration.

Tell us about a time someone did you a great kindness.

I'd say one of the biggest was when MA Church told me my story, Remember Him, was good enough to be published. I'd never even thought it possible until she mentioned it. Since she was one of the first m/m authors I'd read, it was seriously a big deal to hear it from her.

You have 200 words—Make. Me. Swoon. (PLEASE!)

An excerpt from Remember Him, which I'm getting ready to submit:

Sucking Freyr's cock was one of my favorite things to do. I moaned and the vibrations in my throat made his balls draw up close to his body. Just before he was about to come, I backed off, much to my mate's annoyance. He was happy, though, when I stood, shoved my pants down around my knees and said, "Fuck me, baby."
There was no preparation before he entered me in one hard push. I yelped in surprise, but then moaned in pleasure.  His hands were on the wall on either side of my head, and he grunted with each bruising thrust.
"I love you so fucking much, Carter," he said. "Damn, your ass it tight when I take you like this."
I clenched my cheeks together and reveled in the moan it drew from Freyr. He sped up his thrusts and pierced my neck with his fangs. As he drank, he reached around and pumped my dick.
"Don't… stop." The feeling of his cock inside me, his lips and tongue gliding over my sensitive skin, plus his warm fingers squeezing me was enough to send me over the edge. I grabbed his free hand and bit his wrist.

If someone challenged you to a water-gun fight *to the death* how would you fare?

I'd lose. I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to water and I have no aim.

Do you have any special library memories?

Oh yes! I worked in a library as a teenager. The romance paperbacks and nonfiction were shelved on a sort of mezzanine you could only reach by an ancient, cast-iron spiral staircase (this was in the days before handicapped access was standard).  I used to love going up there and inhaling the scent of the old paperbacks. Even though it was hotter than Hades in the summer, I'd spend my breaks there and  think about the characters on the romance covers, and how I'd tell their story.

(Raine's note: Your library story makes me SO happy!)

Give a shout-out to another author who may, or may not, know how much you appreciate them.

Oh God! How long can this list be? There are so many authors that have inspired me and given me the courage to keep writing when I thought I wasn't good enough.  LM Somerton was another one of the first m/m authors that I read, when she was on Literotica. Her encouragement has really helped develop my confidence as a writer.

What is the hardest part of writing?

Making the sex seem realistic without sounding clichéd.

When are you most happy?

When my kids are happy… and quiet.

And finally, for THE most important question of all: what kinds of dachshunds are the BEST kinds of dachshunds?

I'll be sneaky. Since I like big dogs generally, I'd say my favorite is the Ugly Dachshund, from the 1960s Disney movie, because that Dachshund happens to be a Great Dane. Can I get away with that answer?

~ ~ ~

REMEMBER HIM

Carter Denwright wakes from a nightmare to find that he is a vampire. His soul is drawn to a stranger who has watched over him in his sleep, but memories of unspeakable tragedy keep the new vampire from offering his heart. Will Carter remember the beautiful immortal, and the unbreakable bond between them, or will the monster from Carter's dreams return to claim him for eternity?

Excerpt:

Sucking Freyr's cock was one of my favorite things to do. I moaned and the vibrations in my throat made his balls draw up close to his body. Just before he was about to come, I backed off, much to my mate's annoyance. He was happy, though, when I stood, shoved my pants down around my knees and said, "Fuck me, baby."
There was no preparation before he entered me in one hard push. I yelped in surprise, but then moaned in pleasure.  His hands were on the wall on either side of my head, and he grunted with each bruising thrust.
"I love you so fucking much, Carter," he said. "Damn, your ass it tight when I take you like this."
I clenched my cheeks together and reveled in the moan it drew from Freyr. He sped up his thrusts and pierced my neck with his fangs. As he drank, he reached around and pumped my dick.
"Don't… stop." The feeling of his cock inside me, his lips and tongue gliding over my sensitive skin, plus his warm fingers squeezing me was enough to send me over the edge. I grabbed his free hand and bit his wrist. 

About the Author:

Kazy Reed is not undead, but some of her characters are. Her hobbies are paper crafts, reading and male models. She lives near the coast of Maine, with two very precocious children and an extraordinarily understanding husband.


Kazy's stories are up on her blog http://avampwriter.blogspot.com



BONUS QUESTIONS:

What inspired you to write the story you are Remember Him?

I was watching a documentary about Erzsébet Báthory and just began thinking about a castle, and vampires who might live there. I moved it to Germany, and used the Erzsébet  for a minor character, then went from there.

Is there anything special you’d like us to know about it?

The second story, Not Human Enough, is up on my blog, but you'd be better off waiting until you read Remember Him first.

What are your hopes for this title?


To be published? To use my favorite models for the cover would be a big plus. J

No comments:

Post a Comment