Thursday, May 1, 2014

INTERVIEW: Amelia Bishop

Today we're talking to the ADORABLE Amelia Bishop whose deleted scene from Love's Landscapes makes me want to read her Love's Landscapes RIGHT. FRIGGIN'. NOW!

Hello Amelia and welcome to The Hat Party! <3 Thank you so much for subjecting yourself to the RANDOMNESS that is a Raine O'Tierney interview! Please don your best hat, and let's get started!


You have three words, describe your writing dreams.

Freedom. Fantasies. Finances. (thought I'd stick with one letter there)

Do you know any cool party tricks and are you brave enough to do them at parties?

I know NO party tricks. But if I did, I would totally do them. I have no shame.

If you could go back and speak to your 13-year-old self, what would you say?

You are not fat!

A genre-specific virus has attacked you, rendering you INCAPABLE of writing your chosen genre. What do you do now?!

I would actually love this. I have tried to write non Romance, and I find it impossible. I'd love to try Fantasy.

Describe yourself using song lyrics.

I'm a creep.
I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here.

Do you think you’d fare better against feral vampires or zombies?

Zombies, probably. Most vampire myths assert vampires are fast and smart. I am a slow moving person, and (I hate to admit) slow witted as well. I am fairly physically strong, though, so I might have a chance against zombies.

You have 200 words—Make. Me. Swoon. (PLEASE!)
Okay, this is a deleted scene from my Love's Landscapes story:

“I liked you from that first day.” Adrian admitted, and let a bit more truth slip out. “I guess I was afraid.”
“Why? What were you afraid of?” Nate chased the words with kisses along his neck, and pulled his body close in silent encouragement.
If it had been daylight, if they had been talking over the dinner table or in the living room, Adrian probably would have kept silent. Or made some flippant comment to move the conversation to shallower waters. But in the dark of the bedroom, wrapped in Nate’s arms, snuggled under the warm blankets: he felt safe. And so he closed his eyes and opened himself up.“At first, I was afraid you only asked me out of pity. Then when I thought you might actually like me, I was afraid of what you’d think when you saw me naked, saw my scars. When you still liked me after that… Then I was afraid I’d fall in love with you.”
Nate’s arms tightened around him, as if Adrian might bolt. As if he could.
“And did you? Are you in love with me?” Nate’s breath tickled his ear, a whisper with a smile in it.
Without thought, he sighed, “Yes,” and put his heart in Nate’s hands.


What is your most irrational fear and what makes you inexplicably happy?

My most irrational fear is building collapse. I am like the opposite of an agoraphobic. In a crowded room I'm always silently questioning the structural integrity of the floor. It's ridiculous. Luckily, I don't have the mental fortitude to maintain a high anxiety level, so I usually just laugh at myself and focus on cocktails.

I am happy when it snows. No matter how many times, it's still seems magical to me.

Worst mistake you’ve made in your career and what you’ve learned from it?

Well, I will keep this to writing. The mistakes in my other (failed) careers are too many. So I'll say: Publishing too soon. I am not patient, and I put out a lot of stories that were not bad, but not as good as they could have been. I regret that, and I try to remember it when I am feeling impatient and my finger gets too itchy over the “publish” button on Amazon.

And finally, for THE most important question of all: what kinds of dachshunds are the BEST kinds of dachshunds?

I assume since you have posed this question that you are a dachshund lover. Personally, I prefer larger dogs. But if I had to choose a dachshund, it absolutely must be a dachshund who tolerates being put into costumes and funny hats. I am easily won over by silliness.

~ ~ ~ 

They grew up together, and fell in love along the way. But the night Cole & Rick came out to their parents their lives changed in ways they never expected. Before their romance could stand on its own, they were cursed by the gods to remain together, or die.

What happens when kissing your boyfriend becomes a life or death situation? When you have to stay together no matter how your feelings change?

Cole promised he’d love Rick forever. He had no idea how difficult that would prove to be.









About the Author:

Amelia Bishop is not the kind of writer who talks about herself in the third person. So here's my deal. I write Romantic fiction, usually of the gay variety. But whether m/m or m/f, I write hot sex and happy endings, and I won't apologize for that. 

https://www.facebook.com/amelia.bishop.507

2 comments:

  1. Your excerpt here made me go "Aw!" and fold my hands over my heart. Lovely! Wonderful interview, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *adored* that excerpt!
      SOON, m'lovely Sarah, soon it shall be your turn!

      Delete