Saturday, December 14, 2013

INTERVIEW: JC Wallace

Today we're talking with hot new m/m rom and erotica author, JC Wallace, who may or may not be both an astronaut and an international sex model... (He refused to give me his vita so I can't confirm the accuracy of these occupations!) JC has been writing for many years and has many exciting projects in the works. Disclaimer: I happen to think JC Wallace is the coolest dood on earth.


JC Wallace! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and subjecting yourself to what will surely be one of your strangest and most eclectic interviews EVER. Don your favorite hat, and let's get this party started!




How does it feel to be the coolest dood on earth, period?
I’m thoroughly embarrassed. PS. Raine O’Tierney is the only one who thinks I’m cool!

Now that I’ve sufficiently embarrassed you… let’s find out: what is your guilty pleasure in writing?
Definitely creating hot and erotic sex scenes (even though they are the hardest parts for me to write). Why? Because they are so detailed. I’m always trying to find new ways to describe the feel of the act and what is going on between the two characters. Sometimes I skip them and come back if I can’t give them the attention they need.

How long have you been writing? How did you get started writing m/m?
I have been writing since I was a teenager, but I stopped writing while I was in college. (I was in college for a looooong time.) I have way too many degrees when all I’ve ever really wanted was to be was a writer. I started reading M/M about four years ago, which inspired me to start writing again. It was just this past summer that I decided to get out there and get published.

What’s your biggest writing inspiration?
Reading other author’s stories. When I’m reading, I love being immersed in the lives of the characters and living their story with them. I study the author’s writing and their use of words and plot and settings. I want to increase my writing competence to write stories that are on par with my favorite authors.

Favorite part of being an author? Most frustrating?
My favorite part is creating stories that grow and evolve in directions I never even imagined. That process never fails to amaze me. The frustrating part for me is editing. I want to just write it and send it off. Yes, I want magic!!!

 I’ve heard rumors that you once got into a fist-fight with punctuation. Is there any truth to this tale?

Ummm...*looks around*... I plead the fifth.


This was your first year to do one of my favorite events ever: NaNoWriMo! How was that experience? Did you win? What will you do differently next year?
Yes, I did win NaNoWriMo. It was amazing, but also stressful because I work full time and was writing other stories, including my weekly flash fiction. The pace was fast and the story wasn’t finished at 50,000 words. When you’re writing that fast you are just getting the words down. I felt like I had a lot of loose plot points when I was done, which I usually don’t have when writing at a normal pace. What would I do different next time? Probably nothing. I am not a plotter so that won’t happen!

You do Wednesday Briefs… is that as kinky as it sounds and can you tell us a little about that?
What I write is kinky sometimes, LOL. Wednesday Briefs is weekly flash fiction of 500-1000 words. Many authors participate in this awesome weekly event. Our group leader, Julie Lynn Hayes, sends us weekly prompts for our writing and we choose prompts to use with our flashes. Most of the authors write serial stories.
My current flash story is a paranormal story called Diventando: Becoming and is currently up to installment #12. At twenty-seven, Owen who has battled cancer most of his life, knows the leukemia is returning, and decides he is done fighting. He starts preparing to die. When he meets Turk, a gorgeous college professor, he decides to have a couple weeks of meaningless sex with the man. However, the illness hits with a vengeance and he ends up at the doctors. During his visit not only is Owen told he isn’t dying but that he never had leukemia in the first place! He's drugged and restrained. What happens to Owen next is a nightmare and he prays someone will save him. What he finds out is that the people in his life aren’t who they seem to be.

Catch up with this story HERE.

You’ve been contracted through R&P for Curiosity Killed Shaney— a novel about a man whose curiosity gets him into a heap o’ hurt. Blurb us up, m’good man! When is it coming out?
This will be my first published novel. Curiosity Killed Shaney is a paranormal M/M romance scheduled for release on March 14, 2014. I’m very excited about this story.

Blurb: Shaney's curiosity is always getting him into trouble, including stumbling into a ritualistic circle and being imbued with an energy that will eventually tear him apart. He soon finds out that Hudson, a man he cares for deeply, might be responsible for his misfortune. Add in the betrayal by his best friend Todd and the desire of a demented occultist named Silas to control the energy inside of Shaney and there seems to be no way out. Can Shaney find a way to rid his body of the nefarious energy before he dies a horrible death?

You’ve just had a phenomenal Christmas short published by Love Lane Books—tell us about it! Where can we go to get our hands on a free copy? <3

Waiting for Snow is a short story published in the anthology Christmas Delights by Love Lane Books. This is my first published short story.

This story centers on Dain who is at the end of his proverbial rope. He lost his job, his boyfriend, and his church after one horrifying accident. On Christmas Eve, he is reminded of those loses in a heart breaking confrontation with his father. As Dain is driving, unsure where to go, he meets Jake, the local sheriff.  Jake is very interested in Dain, but can Dain learn to believe in love again?

Get your free copy of Christmas Delights ! Fourteen new and established authors contributed awesome stories to make this anthology.

What other writing projects can we expect from you in the future? (Interviewer’s note: If you don’t say the name “Keith” somewhere in here, I might cry!)

My story from NaNoWriMo titled Dare to Love Foreveris nearing completion. This story is about two Vampires named Carson and Lincoln. I will be subbing this to a publisher soon.

My friend, Raine, asked me to write her a story and that story, which is untitled at this time, is getting longer by the minute! I took all of her favorite parts of a story and combined them into Jerry and Rex’s story.  Developing from this story will be a sequel involving Keith (see I mentioned Keith) who is a character in the previous story. P.S. Raine has fallen in love with Keith!

And...my weekly Weds Briefs story will become a novel length story eventually.

I am very busy!! LOL.

Most important and serious of all the questions… What kinds of dachshunds are the best kinds of dachshunds?
The kind that Raine has!

JC, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time out of your insane writing schedule to talk with us! And if you're interested in contacting Mr. JC Wallace, then check him out @

And absolutely make sure you download your free copy of Christmas Delights!


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed that interview immensely! It was a lot of fun and I feel like I know JC just a little bit better! What an amazing and BUSY person!!

    ReplyDelete